Very witty and very funny are the correlations found by correlated.org.
And you can join them in next their correlation study. How fun!
Here’s a small selection of their findings.
• 59% of people in general prefer thin-crust pizza to deep-dish, compared with 75% of people who can’t type blindly.
• 29% of people in general do not like mayonnaise, compared with 15% of people who are good dancers.
• 27% of people make New Year’s resolutions, compared with 14% of people who like fudge.
Lesson one in statistics is that correlation does not mean causation.
If this were the case it would lead to very disturbing, but very funny, conclusions:
• Eating a lot or margarine leads to divorce.
• Eating a lot of cheese increases the risk of dying by becoming tangled in your bedsheets.
• The more people buy online during Black Friday, the more people are killed by dogs.
• Eating a lot of sour cream prevents murders.